Host Club: Sail Newport, Newport RI
J/24 40th Anniversary Race Start: Friday 1300 August 11
Check In: Friday 1500-1930 August 11
North Sails Local Knowledge & Weather Brief by Ken & Brad Read: Friday 1830-1915 August 11 - dinner provided by Winner Winner, powered by North Sails. Open to all.
Skipper’s Meeting: Friday 1930 August 11
Racing / Dinner: Saturday August 12 (Cash bar & Raw bar after racing, Dinner @ 1900 with a live band for dancing!) - Saturday Social Event Info and Ticket link
Racing / Awards: Sunday August 13 (Awards @ 1700)
Registration is Closed - pay your entry fee anytime before 14 July to avoid the $50 late fee!
- Open to all J/Boats
- Expected one‐design classes include J/22, J/24, J/30, J/70, J/88, J/105, J/109
- Includes the culminating event for the U.S. J/70 Youth Championship with this Notice of Race
- Any J/Boat Class with 5 or more boats will be scored as One Design, otherwise ....
- Additional Classes for J/PHRF Spin (Symmetrical), J/PHRF Spin (Asymmetrical), and J/Cruise.
- J/22 registration is $200, U.S. J/70 Youth Championship $1,000, all other J/Boats $250
- J/22 charters are available from Sail Newport
- Saturday party and BBQ at Fort Adams
- J/24 40th Anniversay Race (Friday only $50 add on to Saturday/Sunday race)
Special J/24 - 40th Anniversay Race on Friday 11 August!
To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the J/24 Class, J/Fest New England and Sail Newport invite all J/24 sailors, past and present, to enter the Around the Island Race with the first gun at 1300 on Friday August 11th. To make a whole weekend of it, there’s W/L buoy racing Saturday and Sunday as part of J/Fest New England. Read the J/24 40th Anniversary Notice of Race at this link and Sailing Instructions at this link.